Heads up, motorists: The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has just announced several road reblockings to be conducted over the weekend by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and water utility services.
From March 1 (11pm) to March 4 (5am), 2019, the DPWH will conduct roadwork at the following locations:
- C5 southbound after Lanuza Avenue before Bagong Ilog Flyover
- C5 Road southbound fronting SM Aura
- EDSA southbound from Lagarian Creek to Ermin Garcia, second lane from the sidewalk
- Ramon Magsaysay Boulevard (going to Cubao), Ramon Magsaysay Bridge to Pureza Street
From March 1 to 15, 2019, Maynilad Water Services will install new water service connections in the following areas:
- Near Q. Parades Street, 173 Juan Luna Street, Binondo, Manila City
Finally, from March 1 (10pm) to March 4 (4am), 2019, Manila Water will perform road restoration along the following routes:
- Pasig Boulevard wesbound, second lane from the sidewalk
- C5–Ortigas intersection southbound, near CCF exit gate
If you’ll be passing these areas, plan your routes accordingly. It might be a slight bummer, but it’s better to get this over with sooner rather than later.