Looking forward to enjoying the long weekend? So are we. But it's going to be kind of difficult to do so if you're stuck in traffic half of the time, so be sure to take note of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority's (MMDA) latest road reblocking announcements.
According to the agency, motorists should avoid the following routes and areas from 11pm tonight until August 27:
1) EDSA in front of Francesca Tower to after Scout Borromeo (third lane from the center island)
2) EDSA before P. Tuazon Street (first lane from the center island)
3) C5 Southbound after the intersection of Green Meadows-C5 Road (after Jollibee)
4) C5 Southbound after Lanuza Avenue (opposite of Shell gas station from Northbound)
5) C5 Southbound after Lanuza Avenue (pedestrian overpass after Shell gas station)
1) EDSA before North Avenue (sixth lane from center island)
2) A.H. Lacson Avenue corner Aragon Street, and corner P. Florentino Street
3) Batasan Road before Payatas Road (second lane)
4) Katipunan Avenue between Capitol Hills Drive Ayala Heights Village (first lane)
The MMDA says all of the abovementioned routes will be fully passable by 5am on August 27. Will you be passing any of these places over the course of the holiday break?