You already know that Mitsubishi Motors Philippines will launch the Mirage hatchback either late October or early November, and that the company expects to sell 500-600 units a month of the small car. Surely, MMPC is equipping the Mirage with some nice features if the car is to sell well, right? So we asked MMPC marketing services vice president Froilan Dytianquin about the list of standard features which the top-of-the-line GLS variant of the Mirage will sport.
Here is a summary of the features the Mirage GLS will rock in our market:
* Antilock brakes;
* Electronic brake-force distribution;
* Dual airbags;
* Keyless engine start/stop button;
* 15-inch alloy wheels (the base GLX will have 14-inch steel rims with hubcaps);
* Fog lamps;
* Rear spoiler;
* Four-door power windows (the base GLX will only have power windows for the front doors);
* Multimedia entertainment system with touch-screen display, GPS navigation system, Bluetooth and iPod connectivity; and
* Tonneau cover
Not bad if you ask us. Do you think these features are enough to enable the Mirage to beat the likes of the Ford Fiesta and the Honda Jazz?
Photo by Vernon B. Sarne