In case you're forgetting, it's Mother's Day on Sunday (May 13). We assume that like us, you also consider this day to be a really special occasion. And just like us, you also probably find it difficult to express your love and gratitude toward the one person that has loved us unconditionally all our lives.
For this reason, we asked the esteemed mothers in the Philippine automotive industry as to their most cherished wishes for Mother's Day. We told them that the "wish" had to be motoring-related. Read up and you might learn a thing or two about spoiling your own mom on Sunday.
* "I just wish there would be less traffic." - Maricar Parco, president of Asian Carmakers Corporation (BMW)
* "I wish I could go car-racing with my kids in Clark, using the Genesis Coupe and the Veloster." - Fe Perez-Agudo, president and CEO of Hyundai Asia Resources
* "I wish my boys could do the driving this weekend when we go to the mall to celebrate Mother's Day." - Ginia Domingo, president of Columbian Autocar Corporation (Kia)
* "I wish I could go on a road trip with my family to a beautiful beach destination." - Lyn Buena, marketing director of Chevrolet Philippines
* "I wish I could get a really nice, big SUV for Mother's Day, so my family and I could drive up to Baguio and cool off from the blistering Metro Manila heat." - Arlene Manalo, retail marketing manager of Pilipinas Shell
* "I wish I could instill road safety and a greater sense of responsibility on the road among the young." - Charmaine Canillas, corporate affairs head of Petron Corporation
* "I wish to do a cross-country road trip with my four-year-old son for him to see the beauty of our country." - Timmy de Leon, PR manager of Isuzu Philippines Corporation
* "I wish people would be more considerate on the road and mindful of traffic rules so we could have a more enjoyable and safe driving experience." Loi Concepcion-de Guzman, marketing services assistant vice president of Viking Cars Inc. (Volvo)
* "I wish my husband would surprise me with an out-of-town trip to a high-end white beach resort and spa, using a Toyota Alphard." - Michelle Bayani, marketing services officer of Toyota Motor Philippines
* "I wish my son and I could take a road trip to a nearby province like the Prado Farms in Pampanga, away from his iPad, toys and TV." - Bel Laureola, marketing manager of Chevrolet Philippines
* "I wish I could drive from Manila to the Visayas Islands with my son Carlos again. It's only my son who likes long drives. Just the thought already relaxes me." - Pinky Colmenares, motoring editor of Manila Bulletin
* "I wish that when my son is old enough to drive, I'd be able to afford his dream car." - Jenny Bleza, executive producer of Motoring Today and Auto Focus
* "I wish I could go on a road trip to Phi Phi Hotel and Beach Resort in Morong, Bataan, with my husband and kids." - Marnie Manicad, director and producer of Turbo Zone
* "I wish I could drive around the Nurburgring." - Dalia Guerrero-Pastor, Traffic Stopper and marketing manager of V-Kool