Hyundai has enlisted the help of Bisimoto Engineering to create a 1,000hp Genesis Coupe for the 2013 SEMA show in Las Vegas.
According to the Korean carmaker, Bisimoto Engineering is \"known for extracting awesome, reliable power out of production-grade, everyday powerplants,\" and the Bisimoto-tuned Genesis Coupe is reportedly no exception.
Using the naturally aspirated 3.8-liter R-Spec engine as its building block, Bisimoto installed two turbochargers and replaced the stock internal parts with newly designed ones to create a reliable street car with \"the outrageous power of a no-holds-barred racer.\"
Complementing the extensive work under the hood, the Bisimoto Hyundai Genesis Coupe has a custom Electric Blue paint, Denmatic design graphics package, ARK hood and carbon-fiber deck lid, and a Burns stainless exhaust system.
\"The key to producing reliable, high-horsepower engines goes well beyond the design, engineering and fabrication of performance parts,\" said Bisimoto Engineering principal Bisi Ezerioha. \"The core powerplant must be strong enough to withstand advanced modifications. The Genesis Coupe 3.8-liter Lambda engine is a thoroughly robust powerplant, and Bisimoto Engineering is excited to develop it to its full potential for the rigors of competitive motorsports.\"
3.8-liter Lambda engine modifications
* Stock Hyundai Lambda 3.8-liter V6 engine
* Bisimoto-developed internal components: steel connecting rods,
intake gasket, injectors, Level 2.4 camshafts
* Twin Bisimoto/Turbonetics BTX6462 turbochargers:
Godzilla blow-off valve and dual RG45 wastegate
* Arias forged pistons
* Golden Eagle sleeves
* WPC metal surface treatment
* Supertech valvetrain
* Vibrant VanJen clamps and stainless hardware
* Magnafuel 750 fuel pump
* ARP head, main and wheel studs
* Portflow custom headwork
* AEM Infinity EMS
* Custom smart ignition coils
* NGK Iridium spark plugs
* Purol Elite synthetic oil
* Spearco intercooler
* Griffin radiator
* Kinsler fuel filters
* Bisimoto-spec Action Ironman clutch
* Bisimoto roll cage
* Progress coilover suspension and anti-roll bars
* Drive Shaft Shop 5.9 axles and driveshaft
* Incurve 20x9.5 and 20x11 aluminum wheels
* Toyo R888 R-Compound tires
* Buddy Club racing seats and harness
* Bisimoto reservoir socks
* Racepack IQ3 dash
* Bisimoto oil cap
* Odyssey dry cell battery
* Rywire mil-spec harness
* G&J braided lines