Seeing Generation Y or millennials as "hip, young and active," Isuzu Philippines Corporation has unveiled a special D-Max variant for the demographic cohort born from the early '80s to the '90s. Dubbed the X-Series, the pickup variant is available for the Isuzu D-Max LS 4x2 MT and AT with the following prices:
* D-Max X-Series LS 4x2 MT - P1,234,000
* D-Max X-Series LS 4x2 AT - P1,286,000
The X-Series sports the following new exterior features:
* Racing-style decals on the hood and the tailgate;
* Red Isuzu emblem;
* Cargo spoiler that extends to the roof;
* Aero skirts under the front and rear bumpers;
* 17-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels;
* Side steps for easy access to the cabin;
* Cargo bedliner; and
* Prominent X-Series badge
Inside, the following features have been added:
* Black fabric seats with a bold red trim; and
* Red Isuzu badge on the steering wheel
Powered by the same 4JJ1-TC 3.0-liter diesel engine, the X-Series has CRDi and a turbocharger with an intercooler. It produces 144hp and 294Nm.
Isuzu's pickup truck for millennials is available in two colors: Venetian Red Mica and Silky White Pearl. Getting the X-Series in the latter color costs an additional P10,000.
As hip as Generation Y, the X-Series will make bar appearances at URBN Bar in The Fort Strip (Bonifacio Global City) on August 29, and at The Distillery in Eastwood City Walk on September 5. Check it out if you're in the market for a new pickup (a cool new pickup, that is).
Photos by Tracy Carpena