The Department of Public Works and Highway (DPWH) will once again conduct road improvement and maintenance works this weekend.
So, from 10pm on February 17 to 4am on February 20, expect traffic in the following areas:
• Taft Avenue (Cluster), Pasay City, from Sto. Niño Street to Epifanio de los Santos Ave.;
• Aurora Boulevard (southbound), Pasay City, from EDSA to Andrews Ave.;
• New Panaderos St., Santa Ana, Manila, from Santa Ana Church to Lamayan St.;
• South Superhighway (southbound) from Zobel Roxas Street to Qurino Ave.;
• P. Tramo Ave. between Makati diversion channel and EDSA (center lane);
• EDSA, Caloocan City, (northbound) the sixth lane from the center island going toward Monumento between G. De Jesus and Tirona Sts.;
• EDSA, Quezon City, (southbound) first and second lane from West Ave. to Quezon Ave.;
• EDSA, Quezon City, (northbound) fourth lane from Corregidor St. to Fema Road;
• Fairview Ave., Quezon City, (southbound) second lane from Marlboro St. to Puregold Market;
• EDSA, Quezon City, (northbound) first lane from the sidewalk going to Cubao between Camp Aguinaldo Gates 3 and 2;
• Bonny Serrano Ave., Quezon City (eastbound) the second lane from the sidewalk going toward Katipunan Ave. between 20th Ave. and Katipunan;
• C3 Road, Navotas City, (eastbound) from North Bay Blvd. to C3 Bridge; and
• Blumentritt St., Sampaloc, Manila, from Maria Clara to Laon-Laan St. and from Laon-Laan to P. Florentino Sts.
According to the DPWH, the repair and maintenance of these national roads have been coordinated with the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA). For any concern, complaint, suggestion, recommendation, or observation, people are advised to call 165-02 or 536-3477 or text then send to 2920.
As for the Bourne Legacy filming, the MMDA has announced that the Jones Bridge in Manila will be closed on February 19 to accomodate the shooting of some scenes on it. Motorists are therefore advised to take the following alternate routes.
For those coming from J. Luna and P. Cervantes and are headed towards Taft Avenue, they are advised to turn left on Escolta and proceed up to Plaza Sta. Cruz to get on the McArthur Bridge. After traversing the bridge, they are to turn right on right Magallanes Drive and then take a left on P. Burgos to reach their destination.
For those coming from P. Burgos Street and Taft Avenue and are going towards Binondo, they are advised to take McArthur Bridge, turn left on Plaza Sta. Cruz and then another left on Dasmariñas to get to their destination.