The Philippine leg of this year's Subaru Palm Challenge took place last September 9 in Bonifacio Global City (BGC). It was a hot Saturday, but the top 10 contestants all managed to hold on for more than 10 hours to the Subaru XV. Talk about a test of endurance!
The list of winners and their times are as follows:
1) Juntie G. Torres (10:57:50)
2) Rheden G. Pinoliad (10:57:20)
3) Alex Neblasca (10:54:49)
4) Donn Michael Yap (10:52:05)
5) Mark Joseph Trinos (10:51:31)
6) Carlo T. Talahib, Sr. (10:50:59)
7) Juan E. Furiscal, Jr. (10:50:02)
8) Reggie Purugganan (10:50:00)
9) Lyza Joyce Montejo (10:48:43)
10) Jaspher Ivy H. Galaura (10:46:38)
Coming in third was Palm Challenge veteran and last year's remaining Philippine hopeful Alex Neblasca, who held on for 73 hours and 50 minutes before retiring. Pending the required documents, the 10 Philippine winners will compete in the final next month in Singapore.
The weekend also played host to the collegiate leg of the challenge, where the top 3 finishers held on for nearly five hours each. The winners were Vincent Ragudo (4:51:06) of Fatima University, and Shana Costillas (4:46:53) and Joyce Enage (4:46:17) of Rizal Technological University. All three took home P5,000 a piece, while Ragudo earned an additional P30,000 for his school.
We'll be there in Singapore to witness our contestants competing for the ultimate prize. Stay tuned for that at the end of October.