It\'s that time of the year again--just before Christmas--when aftermarket gurus and folks gather under one roof. And it\'s that time of the year again when car enthusiasts flock to our favorite aftermarket show to shop, window-shop, get discounted items, check out the booth babes, and drool over heavily modified cars.
There are plenty of things that can be done at the 2013 Manila Auto Salon. We list down the six best ones:
1. Have an entrepreneurial light-bulb moment. Atoy Llave of A-Toy Bodykits has his food trucks on display this year again. TopGear.com.ph bumped into the bodykit designer on the first day of the show. Llave shared that one of these mobile food stalls was actually built from an almost dilapidated truck. Now fully functional as a food truck, it is providing service to Manila Auto Salon visitors. One truck on display is for sale. Any takers?
2. Stare at off-road beasts. It seems the trend these days is to dress up pickup trucks and SUVs to make them even more macho and more capable for all-terrain driving. In addition to our off-road supplement and microsite, we happen to have a booth at the show featuring two of the best pickups in the country right now.
3. Help the victims of the Bohol earthquake and typhoon Yolanda. Tradeshow International, the organizer of the Manila Auto Salon, supports the #BangonSugBohol Campaign. Its pre-event statement reported that it will donate P5 for every ticket sold. Gather your friends and family for a visit. While you\'re in the area, swing by the Chevrolet Motorama at SM Mall of Asia, which hosts a Red Cross booth where you may give your donations.
4. Check out timeless classic vehicles. These cars may have been around for some time, but they still have a certain charm. In a sea of dressed-up pickups, sexy cars, and rides with modified sound systems, the restored beauties are rare sights that add a unique touch to the aftermarket show.
5. Get an 86/BRZ overload. If you own one, good for you. Check out your car\'s siblings all dolled up on the show floor. If you\'re like us who count them on the road, let\'s dream on and get aftermarket ideas from the prettified examples on display.
6. Catch the bug. Manila Auto Salon visitors will feel Volkswagen\'s comeback as its iconic Beetle takes center stage throughout the venue. Time to get that nostalgic feeling again.
Do you have anything to add to this list? Feel free to post a comment below.
Photos by Marlon \'Taz\' Dacumos and Mikko David