Brace yourself for another traffic-filled weekend as the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority has announced what roads will undergo repairs, maintenance, asphalt overlay, concrete reblocking and pothole patching in the metro.
From 10pm on January 27 to 5am on January 30, expect traffic on the following roads:
* Roxas Boulevard (northbound from Airport Road to Redemptorist Road) with motorists advised to take either Macapagal Avenue or Roxas Boulevard Service Road as their alternate routes;
* Aurora Boulvard, Pasay City (after St. John to Andrew Avenue);
* Aurora Boulevard, Pasay City (southbound from EDSA to after Santo Niño, and after Santo Niño to before Alley, and before Tramo Riverside to after St. John).
* New Panaderos Street, Sta. Ana, Manila (before City Street to Old Panaderos);
* South Superhighway (southbound from P. Ocampo Street to Quirino Avenue);
* Katipunan Avenue to C-5 (southbound, the first lane from the center island between Eastwood Avenue and Green Meadows Avenue going to Ortigas Avenue);
* Araneta Avenue (second lane from the center island between F. Arguelles Street and Landargum Street);
* A. H. Lacson Street (from J. Fajardo to Laon Laan);
* Blumentritt (from Ma. Clara to Simon Streets);
* P. Sanchez (from Bagong Bayan to V. Mapa);
* España (from Maceda to Blumentritt);
* Boni Avenue (from Maysilo to P. Cruz);
* MacArthur Highway (from Monumento Circle to Calle Cuatro);
* Gov. Pascaul (from Sitio 6 to Brgy. Catmon);
* Sanciangco (from Gov. Pascual to Catmon Bridge) ;
* EDSA, Caloocan City (between Malvar and Arellano Streets);
* EDSA, Quezon City (southbound, before and after the North Avenue MRT Station, and after Brgy. Phil-Am to Ziebart and Aeronox Tm, and before Phil-Am Townhomes before PWU-JASMS School and northbound before Corregidor Road);
* Commonwealth Ave., Quezon City (northbound, before Feria Street after Zuzuaregui and between IBP Road and Ilang-Ilang);
* Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Pasay City (from Roxas Boulevard to Macapagal); and
* Taft Avenue, Pasay City (both north and southbound from Santo Niño to EDSA).