Well, last night was fun: Another typical Sunday...until the sky turned dark and the heavens fell upon Metro Manila. The rainy season is indeed upon us, it seems, and yesterday is proof.
If you ended up getting stuck in traffic last night because of the resulting flood, don’t worry because you weren’t alone. Many motorists took to social media to vent their frustration, with some claiming to have been trapped in traffic for hours.
Were you affected by last night’s deluge? If yes, maybe this information shared by the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will help you avoid a repeat. These are the areas that ended up becoming flooded last night:
- EDSA-Ortigas intersection – Gutter-deep as of 11:12pm
- C5, Tiendesitas (Southbound and Northbound) – Knee-deep as of 11:16pm
- EDSA, Quezon Avenue (northbound service road) – Gutter-deep as of 11:15pm
- EDSA, Santolan flyover (northbound) – Knee-deep as of 11:11pm
- EDSA P. Tuazon Tunnel (southbound) – Half tire-deep as of 11:10pm
- EDSA, Whiteplains (northbound) – Knee-deep as of 11:09pm
- EDSA, Aurora Tunnel (Northbound) – Knee-deep as of 11:01pm
Chances are these aren’t the only places to have been affected by yesterday’s weather, but these did play a significant part in last night’s traffic nightmare. Expect more of the same as we move further into 2019’s rainy season.