Another carmaker has announced a Holy Week motorist assistance program for the long weekend. Hyundai Asia Resources, the official distributor of Hyundai vehicles in the Philippines, will be lending a helping hand via its Summer Motorist Roadside Assistance (SMRA) program at strategically chosen points along major roads and highways.
The SMRA will be conducted until March 27 (Sunday). A number of SMRA hubs have been set up by the company at gasoline stations in Metro Manila and nearby provinces. Motorists may drop by for a free checkup and minor tune-up, but your car doesn't even necessarily have to be in bad shape to avail of the services. A simple pre-road trip inspection is a necessity for long drives, regardless of your destination.
Below is a list of all SMRA locations:
* 43 Commonwealth Avenue, Barangay Holy Spirit, Quezon City
* 1142 E. Delos Santos Avenue, Balintawak, Quezon City
* 1144 Quezon Avenue, Paligsahan, Quezon City
* 19 E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Bagong Ilog, Pasig City
* Shell station, Marcos Highway, Mayamot, Antipolo
* Shell station, Circumferential Road, Dalig, Antipolo
* National Highway, San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte
* Km 335 Batal, Santiago City, Isabela
* National Highway, Madayegdeg, San Fernando City, La Union
* Kennon Road View Deck, Tuba, Benguet
* MacArthur Highway San Sebastian, Tarlac City
* Km 108, Maharlika Highway, Sumacab Este, Cabanatuan City
* JASA Dolores, San Fernando, Pampanga
* Total station, North Luzon Expressway, San Simon, Bulacan
* DRT Highway, Pagala, Baliwag, Bulacan
* Shell station, North Luzon Expressway, Balagtas, Bulacan
* Shell station, Centennial Road, Tabon 1, Kawit, Cavite
* Emilio Aguinaldo Highway, Dasmariñas, Cavite
* Shell station, South Luzon Expressway, Northbound, Biñan, Laguna
* South Drive, Laguna Bel-Air 2, Don Jose, Santa Rosa, Laguna
* National Highway, Bo. Biñan, Pagsanjan, Laguna
* Km 85 Maharlika Highway, San Ignacio, San Pablo City, Laguna
* Diversion Road, Balagtas, Batangas City
* General Luna Street, Poblacion, San Juan, Batangas
* Diversion Road, Lucena City
* Zone 2, Km 442 Maharlika Highway, Barangay Del Rosario, Naga City
* National Highway, Barangay San Miguel, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
Aside from the free services, Hyundai will also be using the SMRA hubs as a platform from which to launch the Hyundai "Miles For A Cause" program. Through it, Hyundai owners will be able to help a cause just by driving their vehicles. The company will match the distance your car travels in kilometers with monetary donations to its partner foundations. Simply drop by the hub to receive a tag that indicates your reading prior to the trip. On your return journey, you may drop by any SMRA hub to record your final reading.
So by visiting the SMRA hub, you can get prepped for your trip and help out a good cause at the same time. Again, the program will only run until this Sunday. Have a safe (and holy) road trip!