Two more drive-through COVID-19 testing centers have been set up in the nation’s capital. This time, they’re located in two of the most easily accessible malls in Metro Manila.
SM Supermalls has partnered with the Philippine Red Cross to launch drive-through COVID-19 saliva-based testing at SM Megamall in Mandaluyong City and SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City. The facilities will be situated at Mega A Bus Bay of SM Megamall and 5 Ecom Open Parking lot within the Mall of Asia grounds.
In a statement, the mall operator said the drive-through setup is a safer option as it doesn’t require motorists to leave their vehicles for personnel to collect saliva samples for RT-PCR testing. The two drive-through testing centers will be open from 9am to 5pm, and a test costs P2,000.
Appointments must be scheduled online, and you can do so at book.redcross.org.ph. All you need to do is choose your testing center, provide your name and email address, select your date of testing, and take note of the following checklist:
Covid-19 drive-thru testing checklist
- Fill up the e-CIF Form at c19.redcross.org.ph/public-ecif.
- Bring your confirmation of schedule containing your order details (will be sent to your email).
- Do not eat, drink, gargle, smoke or vape for 30 minutes before the test.
- Do not wear lipstick to the test.
- Bring a valid ID and a pen.
- Wear a mask and a face shield.
- Before submitting the sample, be sure that it is at least 1ml and has no discoloration.
- An official receipt will only be issued upon request.
- Rebooking of appointments will be allowed for valid reasons.
And that’s about it. Hopefully, more of these drive-through testing centers open up around the country. We know a handful are already operating within Metro Manila, but the public could always use more, right?