Plan well your Makati route today, folks. The \"Million People March @ Ayala\" happens at 2pm today, October 4, but as early as 10am, road closures and rerouting schemes will be implemented.
The Makati City Public Safety Department has announced the following road closures and alternate routes:
* From 10am onward, the stretch of Paseo de Roxas from Ayala Avenue corner to Sedeño Street will be closed for the setting up of the staging area in front of the Ninoy Aquino statue.
* From 2pm onward, both lanes of Ayala Avenue from Makati Avenue to Herrera Street will be closed for the assembly.
* Passenger buses from EDSA shall turn right to Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue toward their destination, or turn right to Ayala Avenue, right to Makati Avenue, and left to Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue toward their destination.
* Passenger buses from SLEX, Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue and Pasay City shall take Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, and then turn left to EDSA toward destination.
* Public-utility jeepneys and light vehicles from J.P. Rizal shall make a right turn to Makati Avenue, right to Paseo De Roxas, right to Villar Street, left to L.P. Leviste Street, left to V.A. Rufino Street, then right to Ayala Avenue toward destination.
* Vehicles from Washington Street shall take right turn to Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, right to Ayala Avenue, right to Salcedo Street, left to Benavidez Street toward Esperanza Street, right to Makati Avenue, right to Arnaiz Avenue, right to Paseo De Roxas, left to Dela Rosa Street, right to Salcedo Street, then left to Ayala Avenue toward destination.
* All vehicles from McKinley Road going toward CBD/Legaspi Village shall take Arnaiz Avenue, and turn right to Paseo de Roxas toward destination and vice versa. Motorists bound for Salcedo Village will be allowed to enter Ayala Avenue, then make a right turn to Apartment Ridge, left to Santa Potenciana, then left to Paseo de Roxas toward destination.
The public is advised to take alternate routes to avoid traffic jam in the activity area. The program is expected to end at 8pm.
Drive safely and keep your cool! And whatever happens: NO TO PORK BARREL!