The Lamborghini Urus is claimed to be the fastest production SUV in the world right now, so the Philippine launch had to be as epic as the Urus itself. PGA Lamborghini Manila delivered in spades, as you will see from the photos.
A special guest was flown in as well. Davide Sfrecola, Automobili Lamborghini area manager for Southeast Asia, was happy to answer our questions.
Here are some snippets gleaned from our interview session:
- The biggest market for Lamborghini is Japan. Every market has a one-year waiting list. Given the demand for it, the Urus is already sold out for one year.
- The target is that the Urus will make 50% of all Lamborghini sales.
- The Urus doubles the factory size of Lamborghini because we are expecting big demand.
- The Urus is born, raised, and bred in Sant’Agata Bolognese. It is built alongside the Huracan and the Aventador.
- The design inspiration is from two historic models: the Countach and the LM002.
- It is hard to predict the market, so there is no plan to make a smaller SUV than the Urus now, but it’s an open question. We love to disrupt. We love to innovate. But we shape the future. Who knows what the future holds.
- Seventy percent of Urus buyers have never bought a Lamborghini before. It is their entry into the brand.
Enjoy the photos!