When the Qatar Motor Show opens its doors from January 29 to February 2 at the Doha Exhibition Center, the main attraction won't be a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. Instead, the centerpiece will be a car called the Lykan Hypersport, touted to be the first-ever Arabian supercar. Built by Lebanon-based W Motors, the Hypersport is a veritable attraction even on paper alone. Consider these numbers:
* 750hp and 1,000Nm (flat-six twin-turbo engine);
* 0-100kph in 2.8sec (acceleration);
* 395kph (maximum speed);
* $3.4 million (price in US dollars)
Another impressive number about the car is seven. That's the exact total of units to be produced. Talk about exclusivity. All of a sudden, the 500-unit production run of the Lexus LFA seems too plebeian.
"When we initially set up the company in Beirut, our launch event attracted thousands of people from the automotive industry, media, politicians and VIPs," said W Motors chief executive officer Ralph Debbas. "Not only did we usher in the formation of an exclusive automotive industry in the region, but I do believe that our first model, the Lykan Hypersport, raises the bar for hypercars worldwide."
Among the many incredible features of the car are:
* Diamond-encrusted LED lights;
* Gold-stitched interior leather;
* Reverse door opening system;
* 3D virtual holographic display with tactile interaction;
* ID4Motion interactive dashboard
And because the asking price is truly eye-popping, W Motors is throwing in a couple more perks for every buyer of this hypercar:
* 24-hour dedicated concierge service; and
* Special-edition Cyrus Klepcys watch (worth more than $200,000)
According to the company, the first units of the Hypersport will be delivered to their lucky (and filthy-rich) owners in September this year.
For those of us who will definitely not be able to afford this car, there's a teaser video below that we can watch for now. Viewing is free, by the way.
If you're viewing this on a mobile device and can't see the video, please click here.<>