Remember the Mitsubishi ASX? Well, Mitsubishi Motors Philippines has just informed us that the improved 2015 edition is now available in two variants, the GLS and the higher GSR, both front-wheel-drive and both equipped with an upgraded CVT. Their suggested retail prices are:
* ASX GLS - P1,148,000
* ASX GSR - P1,248,000
The good news is that these two variants are now currently available with lower introductory prices (P50,000 less), which means you can now get the GLS for P1,098,000, and the GSR for only P1,198,000. These introductory prices are effective until October 31, 2014.
The ASX is still powered by the same 4B11 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC MIVEC gasoline engine, rated at 148hp and 197Nm. Now, what are the changes made to the 2015 ASX?
* The CVT on both variants is new. The previous F1CJA INVECS-III CVT has been replaced by the updated F1CJC INVECS-III CVT with a six-speed sports mode;
* Because of the improved CVT, overall curb weight has gone down from the previous 1,365kg to 1,350kg;
* Both variants' electronic-type power steering is now equipped with an anti-backlash system;
* Both variants' 17-inch alloy wheels sport a new design;
* Both variants now have a new 2-DIN single in-dash DVD/MP3 audio unit with a 6.5-inch touchscreen and Bluetooth connectivity;
* Both variants' seat material is new (black high-grade fabric for the GLS and black leather for the GSR);
* Both variants now have a center armrest for the backseat, and it features two extra cupholders;
* Both variants' center instrument panel is now rendered in black with carbon-fiber accents;
* Both variants' vanity mirrors for the driver and the front passenger are now illuminated;
* Both variants now have a hard-type tonneau cover at the back;
* The GSR variant now boasts "super wide-range high-intensity-discharge" headlamps;
* Both variants now have retractable-type headlamp washers;
* The standard fog lamps on the GSR variant now have LED daytime running lights;
* The GSR variant is now equipped with a panoramic glass sunroof with interior LED illumination;
* The GSR variant now features backing-up sensors; and
* Both variants now have a tire-pressure monitoring system.
The 2015 Mitsubishi ASX is available in six colors: Sapporo Silver, Sonic Blue, Amazon Red, Virgil Gray, Biscuit White and Carbon Black.
Again, don't forget the P50,000 price cut if you get a unit on or before October 31. You know what to do.