Of all the themes we do on an almost monthly basis--Rock 'N' Roll, Sexy, Style, Macho, Luxury, Speed, Travel, Geek, among others--only one theme has managed to make it to our editorial calendar every single year since 2007. That theme is Green, and our August 2012 issue is our sixth consecutive tribute to Mother Nature.
This issue, like all the other Green Issues before it, is packed with stories that would make Greenpeace proud. Among them are:
* The all-new, Philippine-market Ford Focus, both in sedan and hatchback versions;
* Driving two BMW 118d Sports from Manila to Aparri--and back--in a 1,400km diesel test;
* Gordon Murray's tiny T-cars;
* The carbon footprint of your car;
* A road trip with the Hyundai Eon;
* The eco-friendly future of car racing;
* The University of the Philippines' eco-warriors in the 2012 Shell Eco-Marathon Asia;
* Style Review: Brian Afuang studies the sheet metal of the Nissan Almera;
* A Day in the Life: Dinzo Tabamo attempts to flag down smoke-belchers on EDSA; and
* The Big Test: Mazda CX-5 versus the Mitsubishi ASX versus the Subaru XV.
These and a lot more in Top Gear Philippines' Green Issue, still at P150 per copy.