Do you like cars and enjoy taking photos? If your answers are yes and yes, you just need to be a Hyundai fan to get this rare chance of winning P50,000 in cash (tax-free), plus the possibility of having your picture included in Hyundai's 2014 calendar.
Hyundai Asia Resources Inc. today launches the "I Shine With Hyundai" digital photo contest, open to all amateur and professional photographers at least 18 years of age and residing in the Philippines.
The contest theme is: CELEBRATING SHINING MOMENTS WITH HYUNDAI.
There are five categories you can choose from:
* People - friends, family, children, even strangers
* Places - landmarks, tourist spots and other interesting locations
* Events - fiestas, fun runs, test drives and other public gatherings
* Animals - pets and wildlife
* Fashion - beauty shots
There will be three (3) winners in each category, bringing the total number of winners to 15.
Note that a photo entry must have a Hyundai element. The photographer doesn't have to own the Hyundai car depicted in the picture.
How to join?
* First, go to Hyundai Philippines' Facebook page and like it (if you haven't already);
* Next, click on the "I Shine With Hyundai" application;
* Fill out the official entry form;
* Choose the category you want to participate in;
* Upload your photo entry, which must have a landscape (horizontal) orientation, measuring at least 8.5 inches tall and 11 inches wide (A4 size) and not exceeding 1MB in file size;
* Give your photo entry a caption not more than 140 words, to be typed in the text box found on the photo-submission page; and
* Keep the original photo file for verification purposes in case your entry wins
Each person may submit a maximum of two (2) photos entered in two different categories.
As for the use of photo-editing software, Hyundai says: "Use of graphic-enhancing or post-processing software, such as Photoshop, is allowed, but should be limited to enhancement through filters. Photos should not be altered beyond this, and no elements should be added or removed."
The photo should not have been previously entered in another competition.
Hyundai will use the following criteria for determining the winners:
* Relevance to and interpretation of the theme (30%)
* Creativity (25%)
* Originality (25%)
* Online impact (20%)
In case you're wondering what "online impact" is, Hyundai will post all qualified entries on its Facebook page, and will ask fans to vote for the best photos. Each fan of Hyundai Philippines' Facebook page will be given five (5) voting credits per day.
The submission period is from today, August 16, to September 4, 2013. The voting period is from September 9 to 27, 2013.
The 15 winners will be announced in the presence of a Department of Trade and Industry representative on October 7, 2013.
Needless to say, employees of HARI and their relatives are not allowed to join this contest.
So, do you feel like winning P50,000 in cash? Get your camera and start snapping away.
In the meantime, we'll start rummaging through our hard drives for a possible entry, like this scenic shot of the Sonata Hybrid.