Planning a trip to Baguio City already? If so, there’s a convenient new way to get to the country’s summer capital without bringing your own car you may want to check out.
Booktouristvan.com is a new online platform powered by Biyaheroes that lets travelers pre-book van trips to destinations like Clark, Cabanatuan, Pangasinan, and yes, Baguio City. Below are the routes currently available for booking:
- SM Mall of Asia to Cabanatuan – P550 per person
- Cabanatuan to SM Mall of Asia – P550 per person
- SM Mall of Asia to SM Rosales – P770 per person
- SM Rosales to SM Mall of Asia – P770 per person
- SM Mall of Asia to Clark or Dau – P450 per person
- Clark or Dau to SM Mall of Asia – P450 per person
- Baguio City to Dau – P660 per person
- Dau to Baguio City – P660 per person
- Baguio City to Clark – P660 per person
- Clark to Baguio City – P660 per person
Basically, a trip to Baguio City from Metro Manila will have you riding a van from SM Mall of Asia to Clark (or Dau), and all the way to the City of Pines from there. Total cost: P1,100.
There are a few things to keep in mind, though. Obviously, the use of face shields and masks is required, and individuals with a recorded temperature above 37.3 degrees will not be permitted to travel. Social distancing is also required during trips.
What’s more, you can’t just head to Baguio on a whim. Guests have to register at the city’s Visita online portal and must have reservations at a local hotel with an accredited travel agency. Residents returning to Baguio City are also required to register at a separate website. Booktouristvan.com also says there may be other requirements depending on your destination and on the local government’s protocols.
So, do you think it’s safe to travel around the country already?