Yesterday, Typhoon Ulysses battered Luzon and made several portions of the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) completely impassable to all types of vehicles. The severe weather conditions and the resulting flood also caused Easytrip RFID installation to grind to a halt.
It appears, though, that the situation has finally normalized.
According to NLEX management, Easytrip RFID installation operations resumed today, November 13, following the exit of Typhoon Ulysses. Check out the locations of its RFID installation sites and their respective schedules below:
Monday to Sunday (8:30am to 5:30pm)
- Balintawak Easytrip tent, customer service parking area (Class 1)
- Balintawak weighing station after Balintawak toll plaza (Class 2 and 3)
- Mindanao customer service parking area (all classes)
- Marilao toll plaza southbound entry parking area (all classes)
Monday to Saturday (8am to 5pm)
- Petron Marilao (Class 1)
- Petron Bocaue southbound (all classes)
- Shell Burol (Class 1)
- NLEX Drive and Dine (Class 1)
- Petron Lakeshore northbound (Class 1)
- Karuhatan Easytrip tent before toll plaza (all classes)
- Balagtas toll plaza entry (all classes)
- Philippine Arena southbound entry (all classes)
- Angeles Easytrip tent before toll plaza entry (all classes)
The Department of Transportation’s (DOTr) deadline for RFID installation is December 1, 2020. NLEX operator Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation, though, says motorists will still be allowed to book appointments for RFID installation even past the DOTr deadline.
If you ask us, it’s better start working on equipping your vehicle with an RFID sticker sooner rather than later. This is especially important to keep in mind when you look back at how messy the shift to cashless has been so far.