Subaru fans around the world still haven't recovered from their obsession with the excellent BRZ, and already the Japanese carmaker has unveiled the WRX Concept at the New York International Auto Show.
"The WRX is known for its powerful turbo engine delivering abundant performance and torque distribution through Subaru's renowned Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system," says Subaru in its press statement. "The WRX Concept hints at the design language of the next-generation Subaru WRX. The aggressive design communicates its increased agility and driving excitement."
The main highlights of the WRX Concept?
* A prominent hexagonal grille with three-dimensional mesh patterns;
* A large opening in the front bumper;
* A gaping WRX hood scoop, fender ducts, and a pronounced power bulge;
* Hawk-eye headlights;
* Wide wheel arches;
* A sharp character line that runs from the front fender to the rear end;
* A dramatically curved trunk lid that also acts as a rear spoiler;
* A wide rear bumper complemented by large quad tailpipes and a sporty rear diffuser;
* A carbon roof for a lower center of gravity and lighter weight;
* A "WR Blue Pearl III" body color;
* Fluorescent yellow accent on the WRX badge on the grille, the brake calipers, and the exhaust finishers; and
* 20-inch BBS "RI-D" one-piece forged duralumin wheels shod in 245/40 ZR20 Dunlop tires
So, do you like what you see? Is the exterior design perfect already, or are there elements you want to remove or modify?