As the year draws to a close, Top Gear Philippines once again makes its picks for the top cars and manufacturers of 2019.
This year, the top honor for the Top Gear Philippines Car of the Year goes to the Suzuki Jimny. The small SUV caused quite a stir when its fourth-generation model hit the market. Renowned for its off-road capability, the little crawler gets our vote for this year’s top vehicle.
In the Reader’s Choice category, the Honda Brio takes the top spot. The small hatchback runs on a 1.2-liter i-VTEC gasoline capable of 89hp and 110Nm of torque, paired to either a manual gearbox or a CVT. The all-new model launched this year is building on the success of its predecessor.
The Top Gear Awards is co-presented by Petron and in partnership with San Miguel Super Dry, San Miguel Premium All-Malt, and Cerveza Negra. Special thanks go to Standard Insurance, as well as Concept One and Black Rhino for sponsoring the prizes.
You can check out the full list of winners below, along with some snaps from the night’s festivities.
- Car of the year: Suzuki Jimny
- Best in pogi points: Kia Stinger
- ‘Save the planet’ award: Volvo Philippines
- Breakout brand of the year: MG Philippines
- Best in marketing: Nissan Philippines
- Best commuter’s alternative: Angkas
- Best in motorsport: Toyota Motor Philippines
- Best amphibian: Jeep Wrangler
- Best new tech implementation: Toyota Corolla Altis Hybrid
- Car of the year: Honda Brio
- Best luxury car: Jeep Wrangler
- Value pick: Hyundai Accent
- Family car: Toyota Hiace
- Performance car: Toyota Supra
- Rough and rugged: Mitsubishi Strada
- Urban adventurer: Suzuki Jimny