Last weekend, Nissan Philippines held the second batch of qualifying sessions for the Nissan GT Academy at the Glorietta activity center in Makati. After a total of six live events so far, here are the provisional top 20 performers.
Top 20 performers as of last qualifier date (April 19)
1. Terence Lallave (1:02.762)
2. Paolo Vittorio Alcance (1:02.937)
3. Jan Millard Lacuna (1:02.946)
4. Francisco Adriano (1:03.033)
5. Daryl Brady (1:03.042)
6. Rodolfo Faustino (1:03.090)
7. Luis Raphael Cachero (1:03.188)
8. Cameron Jordan Padillo (1:03.276)
9. Ferdinand Gulle Jr. (1:03.310)
10. James Andrew Perez (1:03.343)
11. Rabboni John Buenaventura (1:03.365)
12. Christian Joel Lim (1:03.372)
13. Jose Gerard Policarpio (1:03.412)
14. James Andrew Tevez (1:03.476)
15. Timothy Robert Melendrez (1:03.493)
16. Luis Antonio Moreno (1:03.510)
17. Julius Norman Ramos (1:03.573)
18. Rafael Miru Lesaguis (1:03.603)
19. Joel Erickson Urbi (1:03.604)
20. Jessie Mance & Mark Angelo Villamor (1:03.671)
As you know, the top 20 performers after all the qualifier dates (or live events) will move on to the national finals, during which they will be cut to just six contestants. These top six Filipino players will then proceed to the Nissan GT Academy's race camp in Silverstone in the United Kingdom to compete with other participants from other Asian countries.
Meanwhile, Nissan Philippines has announced the next round of live events where you can try your luck if you're not included in the above list:
* April 23 - Auto Focus Summer Test Drive Festival at SM Mall of Asia grounds;
* April 24 - Auto Focus Summer Test Drive Festival at SM Mall of Asia grounds;
* April 24 - SM North EDSA Skydome;
* April 25 - Auto Focus Summer Test Drive Festival at SM Mall of Asia grounds;
* April 25 - SM North EDSA Skydome;
* April 26 - Auto Focus Summer Test Drive Festival at SM Mall of Asia grounds; and
* April 26 - SM North EDSA Skydome.
Yes, three of the above dates have two separate venues, so do take note of that. If you think you have the skills to knock guys off the top 20 list, we suggest you go for it. You could be the Philippines' next international race car driver.
Photo from Nissan Philippines' Facebook page