On the occasion of the Porsche 911\'s 50th birthday, the German carmaker isn\'t baking a huge-ass cake. Instead, it will roll out an exclusive, limited-edition 50th Anniversary Edition. Based on the 911 Carrera S, this model is a coupe with a 400hp flat-six rear engine and a rear-wheel-drive system. And because the 911 was born in 1963, this special edition will be limited to just 1,963 units.
This car will be officially presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September this year.
Some of the car\'s most notable features include:
* Porsche Active Suspension Management with special tuning to complement the increased track width;
* A sport exhaust system that emits a \"fitting emotional sound\";
* 20-inch matte-black wheels that pay homage to the legendary \"Fuchs\" wheels;
* Chrome trim strips on the front air inlets, the fins of the engine compartment grille, and the panel between the rear lights;
* Porsche Dynamic Light System with bi-xenon headlights and dynamic cornering lights;
* A choice between two body colors: darker graphite gray and lighter geyser gray metallic;
* A two-tone 3D-effect badge on the rear lid with the numbers \"911 50\";
* Three-color embroidery on the headrest indicating \"911 50\";
* \"911 50\" logo on the tachometer and the aluminum door sill plates;
* High-gloss window frames and sport-design exterior mirrors;
* Green labeling on the instruments with \"white pointer needles and silver caps on the instrument pivot pins\";
* Full-leather interior designed in agate gray or black with decorative stitching; and
* Gear-shift lever that matches the panels on the dashboard, doors and center console in brushed aluminum.
According to Porsche, the 911 50th Anniversary Edition goes from zero to 100kph in 4.5 seconds (4.3 with the PDK transmission) and reaches a top speed of 300kph (298kph with PDK).