If your mind is set on getting the Subaru XV 2.0i, here's a more memorable and challenging way to get your hands on your dream crossover: the Subaru Palm Challenge. Participate in any of the contest's three legs in the Philippines and get a chance to win an all-expense paid trip to Singapore, where the final battle for the car will happen. The three Philippine legs are set for:
* September 6, 2014 - Davao leg (SM Lanang Premier, Davao City)
* September 13, 2014 - Cebu leg (Ayala Center Cebu, Cebu City)
* September 27, 2014 - Manila leg (Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City)
Registration for these legs is now open.
The Subaru Palm Challenge is an endurance competition that was first held in Singapore in 2002. Participants must place their palms on their assigned area on a Subaru car's body. Note that they cannot choose their designated areas, as these will be drawn. The last person standing emerges as the winner.
For the Philippine legs of the contest, one winner will be selected each from the Davao and Cebu legs, and eight winners will be selected from the Manila leg. These 10 Filipinos will compete in the final round in Singapore against other hopefuls from Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. The competition's record winning time is 81 hours and 32 minutes, held by 2008 champion George Lee of Singapore.
In addition to the car, non-Singaporean contestants will have the chance to win the following special prizes (each title comes with a cash prize, too):
* Country Winner - the last person standing from each country;
* Asian Winner - the last person standing from all countries except Singapore; and
* Country Team Winner - a group award given to the contingent with the longest combined time.
Challenge accepted? Pencil in the dates and register now. Just download the application form here, or visit any of the following Subaru dealerships to sign up:
* Bonifacio Global City
* Manila Bay
Participants must personally submit their requirements (including a medical certificate) to the above-mentioned dealerships. No Filipino has won the grand prize yet. You could be the first!