Last week, local Land Rover distributor Coventry Motors Corporation announced that it will be bringing in the D240 Defender 90 and 110, providing local customers with diesel-powered alternatives to the off-road SUV introduced earlier this year. Now, we have the prices.
The company’s move to launch the D240 Defender 90 and 110 early next year not only expands the local lineup, but makes the model more affordable as well. Check out the vehicle’s official local prices and variants below:
2021 Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover Defender 90 Urban D240 – P5,510,000
- Land Rover Defender Country D240 – P5,560,000
- Land Rover Defender Adventure D240 – P5,640,000
- Land Rover Defender Explorer D240 – P5,810,000
- Land Rover Defender 110 Urban D240 – P6,110,000
- Land Rover Defender 110 Country D240 – P6,160,000
- Land Rover Defender 110 Adventure D240 – P6,240,000
- Land Rover Defender 110 Explorer D240 – P6,410,000
Prior to this, the most attainable Defender unit in the Philippines was the Land Rover Defender 110 Urban with its P6,310,000 price tag.
The D240 Defenders are powered by an Ingenium D240 twin-turbocharged diesel engine with 237hp at 4,000rpm and up to 430Nm of torque between 1,400-3,750rpm. Once the D240 90 and 110 are launched in the first quarter of 2021, this engine option will be sold alongside the 3.0-liter six-cylinder turbo gasoline capable of 395hp and 550Nm. The Defender 90 also features three doors and a shorter wheelbase, making it a viable model for those looking to pair the nameplate’s capability with a more compact form factor.
If you’re considering this vehicle, you can already pre-order one at either the EDSA or Bonifacio Global City showroom.
You can check out the accessories that come with each Defender D240 variant in the images below. So, is this an SUV you’re looking forward to? Let us know in the comments.