On a recent trip with the Ford Ranger in Zambales, we got to chat with Ford Philippines communications manager Isa Suarez. During the course of our conversation, something that might interest our female readers--and men looking for gifts for their significant others--came up. Isa mentioned that the gold-colored nail polish she was wearing had been inspired by the Ford Mustang.
The beauty product is apparently a tie-up between popular nail polish brand OPI and Ford, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Ford Mustang. "For five decades, the Mustang has represented some of the best of American culture, inspiring a feeling of freedom and independence," said Mustang marketing manager Melanie Banker in a statement. “We are excited to celebrate the iconic Mustang with OPI and tell its story through color."
There are six hues to choose from, each with catchy motoring-themed names:
* Race Red: The hero color of the collection, this pays tribute to one of the Mustang's signature colors and brings to life the passion and excitement of the iconic car.
* 50 Years of Style: Just like the Mustang, it celebrates all your milestones with this made-to-party golden pearl. This is what Isa was wearing.
* Queen of the Road: Inspired by the Mustang's dramatic and perfectly appointed cabin, a black interior evokes sophistication and will always be a classic--just like the little black dress.
* Girls Love Ponies: A woman is multifaceted. This grown-up pink acts as a reminder of her femininity, even as she takes the wheel of Ford's powerful pony car.
* Angel with a Leadfoot: Drive up and say "halo" to this celestial white. Whether worn alone or as an accent, white is essential to a woman's wardrobe and to making a statement.
* The Sky's My Limit: There is nothing like the freedom of the open road and shimmering, endless blue sky. This aqua hue awakens a woman's sense of adventure.
The OPI Ford Mustang collection went on sale in the US just last month. Here in the Philippines, the Rustan's retail group distributes the OPI brand. We don't have word yet on when Rustan's will introduce the OPI Mustang line, nor are we heavily invested in finding out. We just wanted an excuse to publish Isa's beautiful face online.
Main photo by Dinzo Tabamo