The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has announced that the truck ban will be suspended along major thoroughfares during the upcoming enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), “to ensure the unhampered movement of essential goods.”
Metro Manila will be under ECQ from August 6 to 20, 2021, to curb the spread of COVID-19’s Delta variant. The MMDA earlier announced that number coding will remain suspended for the time being, and that longer curfew hours—from 8pm to 4am—will be implemented beginning August 6.
In case you missed any, here are the transport- and mobility-related updates that have been released the past couple of days:
Metro Manila ECQ, August 2021
- DILG: Travel in and out of Greater Manila bubble will be limited to APORs
- Report: Individuals scheduled for vaccination during ECQ are considered APORs
- MMDA: Number coding to remain suspended in August 2021
- MMDA: Curfew hours will be 8pm–4am once ECQ begins on August 6
- Return to ECQ: Will LGUs recognize old quarantine passes or issue new ones?
- DOTr: Vaccinated passengers get free LRT-2, MRT-3, PNR rides
Top Gear Philippines is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Top Gear Philippines and your favorite websites.